Thursday, August 2, 2007

Middle America

"Outlaw Sodomy"
You know what I'm saying? Sometimes you see signs...

This is somewhat of a mid-point. We've been in the West and now we're crossing over. Touring and being with people for so many hours, I have more inside jokes than I can handle. Also, I've learned some real jokes. Why does an elephant drink? To forget. What is red and white on the outside and grey on the inside? An inside out elephant.

I've been doing a lot of hiking, walking, and swimming. I'm not so much a musician anymore. My skin is about five shades darker than when you last saw me. I fade into the red desert, they say.

Shout outs to everyone reading this. Crossing this threshold into the East, there will be a lot less time driving in the car, so you'll probably get a call from me soon.

Most of my thoughts are devoted to books I am reading (Pema Chodron, Yogi Ramacharaka), possible things to do in the future when this tour is over, and all the communities I've been passing through. Communities all across the board. People doing things, sharing what they do with each other. Each cluster having their own voice and sensibilities. Regional characters.

and someone has to say: fuck brings us closer to the brink of oblivion

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love opening up my igoogle to find a lovely blog from ye.

what did the cook name his son?

stu.